meta content='PcpJKOmoday5SZ2ES5Jk' name='bulletprofit'/> Ayyobpatel.bloggr.com: 9 new trailers you should watch this week

Followers

9 new trailers you should watch this week

I saw Marry Poppins, last year’s designated family-friendly, non-controversial, just-accept it holiday film, over the holidays, without particularly high hopes. It was more entertaining than I expected, but I also feel compelled to say that I don’t think the Mary Poppins mythology makes any sense.

A friend explained it to me as a mythology designed to follow children’s logic, which is to say that it legitimately doesn’t make sense and anything can happen. Which does somewhat make sense within the film, which talks sometimes about how it’s important to be childlike and imaginative. But also, that never had any effect on the plot... it was just kind of there. And so it really just doesn’t make sense.

Anyway, I’m now done overthinking Mary...

Continue reading…



from The Verge - All Posts https://ift.tt/2NolhBZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know