meta content='PcpJKOmoday5SZ2ES5Jk' name='bulletprofit'/> Ayyobpatel.bloggr.com: Why content moderators fall for conspiracy theories

Followers

Why content moderators fall for conspiracy theories

In discussing my story last week on the secret lives of Facebook’s content moderators in America, interviewers often ask me about how the job can make workers more susceptible to conspiracy theories. In my interviews with workers at a content moderation site in Phoenix, I heard over and over again how the work environment was full of people who had come to believe the fringe views that they were reviewing. As one of them put it to me, regarding the aftermath of the Parkland shootings:

“People really started to believe these posts they were supposed to be moderating,” she says. “They were saying, ‘Oh gosh, they weren’t really there. Look at this CNN video of David Hogg — he’s too old to be in school.’ People started Googling things...

Continue reading…



from The Verge - All Posts https://ift.tt/2ITQwpD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know