meta content='PcpJKOmoday5SZ2ES5Jk' name='bulletprofit'/> Ayyobpatel.bloggr.com: Facebook’s problems in Europe are piling up

Followers

Facebook’s problems in Europe are piling up

Věra Jourová is the European Commissioner for justice, consumers and gender equality. Once upon a time, she had a Facebook account. It did not go well. “For a short time, I had a Facebook account,“ Jourová said at a news conference Thursday. “It was a channel of dirt. I didn’t expect such an influx of hatred. I decided to cancel the account because I realised there will be less hatred in Europe after I do this.”

Of course, quitting social media in flamboyant fashion has long been a popular activity for government and non-government users alike. The “Why I’m Leaving Twitter” Medium post is our generation’s “Why I’m Leaving New York” Movable Type entry.

But Jourová’s words carry more weight than most. She has a policy beef with Facebook,...

Continue reading…



from The Verge - All Posts https://ift.tt/2NXspIe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know